Gallery 6 - History

Founding

The Jackson Township Volunteer Fire Department of Luzerne County was incorporated in Pennsylvania as a non-profit organization in 1848. Since then, the fire department has been responding to fires and other emergencies in the community.

The original incorporators were:

  • Louis T. Wilcox
  • Edward Kropp
  • Norman Smith
  • James E. Twaddle
  • Harold Bertram
  • Earl Balliet
  • Elmer Laskowski
  • Dennis Bonning Sr.
  • Frank W. Thompson
  • Alden Wagner
  • Paul Gross
  •